Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Almighty Internet


The weather is so amazing today!!! I love it. We were almost cold when Hubby and I walked around the block last night. Woo hoo!! Love ya, fall!

I heard something really interesting on the radio.

I know what you're probably thinking: she's been listening to Talk Radio. No, that would be Hubby. The only time I listen to Talk Radio is when I'm trapped in the car with him.

Actually, I've found a new radio station that I'm really enjoying. I love all kinds of music and we bounce around between FM radio, Billy Joel CD's, Veggie Tales, you name it and you can probably hear it in my car. Anyway, if you need a fresh sound, and you live in these parts, try 103.7. That's my commercial, now on to my regularly scheduled post.

I heard that doctors have confirmed that there is a new addiction: internet addiction. Huh?

Now, here's my disclaimer: I don't want to be insensitive and if you're reading my blog right now and are addicted to the internet...first of all, thanks for reading my blog, second of all, so sorry, I'll pray for you.

But...I don't get it.

I mean, honestly, I don't think my internet service even works well enough or long enough for me to become addicted. Maybe that's a blessing in disguise, but it mostly just makes me want to throw my laptop over the fence.

Said doctors reported that people who are addicted to the internet get shaky hands, start sweating profusely, and have trouble focusing when they leave the computer. Uh-huh, I know, that's what happens to me when I can't get mine to work. I thought it was called ANGER.

Take yesterday. I am involved in a Bible study with some of my closest friends. We are currently studying a series by Beth Moore on the book of James. The problem, however, is that the leader kit costs like $1,000,000 so we just decided to live stream the video lesson each week. OK, that might be a slight exaggeration, but it was expensive.

So, we go to A's for the Bible study yesterday and apparently, after my poor friend tried for half an hour to get the thing to work, we found out the internet service to Lifeway's website was on the blink...won't mention any companies here, but wish I could.

So, back to the internet addiction. Apparently, someone's internet service is much better than mine. So, now, I'm jealous. I mean, I've missed out on the chance to spend enough time on the internet to form an apparent addiction to said internet. Like I said, maybe this is all a blessing in disguise.

My take: listen, I love the internet, OK? I really do. I mean, the internet is the reason I get to talk to you everyday, right? But, honestly, I just don't have time to be on the internet long enough to become addicted. I don't think. Hmmm...

Besides, why become addicted to the internet when you could become addicted to chocolate or shopping? Food for thought, yes?

What's your take?


No comments:

Post a Comment