Monday, October 1, 2012

Scenes from "Camp Rah-Rah" and Beyond


I had a really great weekend.

Seriously, it was one of the best I've had in a long time. Don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted and completely understand why God wanted women to have children while they're young, but everything was great.

"Camp Rah-Rah" was a huge success. We made art projects, rode bikes, drew pictures on the sidewalk, played Play-Doh, dressed up as princesses and a prince, then finished the whole day off by meeting PaPa at Chick-Fil-A. What more can a pre-schooler hope for? My pre-schoolers weren't awake long enough to hope for anything else.

Then, through some supernatural intervention, our football team played very well in their first district game! Really, I'm telling the truth. After scoring only 8 points spanning over the first 3 games, they actually scored 25 points and gave their opponent a run for their money. Not a win, but we're all very encouraged. And hopeful for a Homecoming win this weekend. Plus, here's a picture of "Snake Pit," that extra band group Son is in. I'm trying to find a video I can upload for you all to see. They've added a new part, so tune in later this week to see it. It's pretty cool!


Then, yesterday, we celebrated our daughter's 30th birthday with most of our family before they left for home. Like I said, it was a fantastic weekend.

The only downer was that my dish washer died Saturday night. Now, if you'll remember my posts about our OLD refrigerators, emphasis on "old," you will understand what I mean when I say that this dishwasher was ancient - even older than both of the refrigerators combined, I think...OK, that may be a slight exaggeration, but it's old. Anyway, I went to turn it on Saturday night, as usual, right before going to bed, (mainly because it sounds like a freight train), and it just wouldn't turn on. Hubby got out of bed and fiddled with it, then, after accusing me of praying that it would die, announced we'd be buying a new one next weekend! NEXT WEEKEND???

Well, if I had prayed that my dish washer would die, and I'm not committing either way, the prayer would have been that it would die AFTER my daughter's birthday dinner, which included about 15 people, NOT before. So, we had to wash all the dishes that were in the dishwasher before church yesterday morning, then had to wash them all again after the lunch.

My mom and mother-in-law thought it was hilarious when I said we had to be "pioneer women" and wash the dishes by hand. They both took us all on a trip down memory lane, before there were dishwashers, clothes washers, indoor plumbing, and even flatware, from the sound of things. Yeah, I was born for such a time as THIS, let me tell you.

After washing all the dishes twice, and putting hand cream on to get rid of my dish-pan hands, I tried to figure out the easiest way for me to cook then clean with no dish washer all week. In other words, how irritated will Hubby be if we eat on paper plates all week? That's when I realized, after looking at the week's schedule, we're only going to be eating at home one night this week!

My take is this: I told you that I'm highly favored!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment