Friday, October 12, 2012

Fun Friday: Alvarado Edition



Hubby and I are going on a little road trip today.

We are going to Alvarado, where our daughter and her family live. It's the one weekend where both grandkids have a game on Saturday.

P, my grandson, plays T-Ball, and G, my granddaughter, plays soccer. Both of their parents are coaches...over-achievers. Actually, they are great parents in every way and we LOVE to spend time with them.







Plus, Hubby has been working SO HARD lately, it's going to be good for him to get away from the office and live a little. He's so tired that HE actually said last night to ME, not the other way around, that he really needs to rest before tax season starts.

Who are you and what have you done with my husband?

Anyway, we're supposed to leave around 3 today, which, in all honesty, will probably be about 3:30.

I'm missing Son's game tonight, but I don't think he minds much. I got points when I went to Houston last Saturday for the marching contest. It is hard, though, sorting it all out sometimes. I went from 1 kid and myself to 1 husband, 5 kids, some spouses, and 3 grandkids! It's been quite the adjustment. AND, he's staying with HIS grandparents, my parents. He'd probably move in with them if he could and never once miss me. So, it's a win-win in my book. I think...

Here's my take: life is super short and there are just not enough hours in the day, you know? All we can do is our best to build strong relationships with those we love, whether family or friend. When I worry that maybe someone is not getting enough attention, but I know I'm trying hard, I just trust that God knows my heart and will make up the difference. Hey, I'm only human, am I not?

What's your take?

Check out this week's recipe! It's a family FAVORITE around here, people. So good!!! It has cheese in it, need I say more?
Happy weekend!

Cheesy Sausage Meat Loaf

Meatloaf Ingredients:
1 beaten egg
3/4 C bread crumbs
1/4 C milk
1/4 C finely chopped onion
2 T finely chopped bell pepper
1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1 lb ground beef
1/3 lb bulk Italian sausage
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 3x1x1/2-inch sticks

Creamy Tomato Sauce Ingredients:
3/4 C chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 T butter
2 14.5 oz cans whole Italian-style tomatoes
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 C whipping cream or light cream
2 T snipped parsley

Meatloaf Directions:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the egg, bread crumbs, milk, onion, bell pepper, oregano, and garlic salt. Add the ground beef and Italian sausage and mix well.
2. Place waxed paper in shallow baking pan. On waxed paper flatten meat mixture into a 10-inch square. Lay cheese sticks end to end near one edge to within 1/2 inch of the sides.
3. Beginning with the edge with the cheese sticks and using the waxed paper to lift meat, roll up jelly-roll style. Seal ends. Unroll onto pan, placing roll seam side down; discard waxed paper.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until juices run clear.
5. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.

Sauce Directions:
1. In a medium saucepan cook onion and garlic in hot butter until onion is tender, but not brown.
2. Carefully stir in the undrained tomatoes, sugar, salt, and pepper. Bring to boiling; then reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, about 30 minutes or to desired consistency, stirring occasionally.
3. Slowly add the cream, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 3 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
4. Pour sauce over meatloaf to serve or your favorite pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment