Friday, October 26, 2012

Goodbye, My Lovely Youth


People.

I'm exhausted.

No, seriously. Exhausted. I think what little youth I still had left in my body has officially checked out. And I have yesterday to thank for it.

It began like any other weekday, with me taking Riley to school. I have to stop here and say that one of the things that has really helped my fatigue level this year is that Riley now wakes up on his own. I know, amazing. It's really been a very easy transition for someone who, true story, slept through an earthquake this summer in New Zealand.

When I complimented him on this very thing and asked him how he'd done it, he said, "Easy. I just set like 10 alarms, every 10 minutes, and eventually, I hear one of them." Whatever works.

So, at least this year I don't have to wake at 6, go up and down the stairs to his room 5 times, threatening sudden death, to get him up. Ah, progress.

Anyway, I regress...

After my shower, I voted. I felt very American and highly recommend voting to all of you other Americans out there. I mean, you know, people died so we can vote. Here's where it gets a little crazy:

10:30 - ran home to put washed clothes in dryer

10:45 - ran by school district office

11:00 - got nails done

12:25 - ran by bank

12:35 - drove thru Chick-Fil-A for lunch

1:00 - 4:00 - counseled at not for profit organization

4:15 - 1st trip to grocery store

5:00 - picked up Riley

5:30 - still waiting on Riley

5:45 - forgot car seat for Charlotte, take Riley home, get car seat

5:55 - pick up Charlotte

6:10 - start dinner

6:25 - 2nd trip to grocery store

7:00 - dinner

7:10 - Charlotte's first "I'm going to fwow up" episode

7:15 - Charlotte's second "I'm going to fwow up episode

7:20 - pot and towel next to Charlotte for third "I'm going to fwow up" episode

7:25 - Charlotte: "I have to poo poo."

7:30 - Robert gets home, (Robert as I'm walking back to the bathroom with Charlotte, "What are you doing?" Me: "I have no idea.")

7:45 - gave up on finishing dinner

Get the picture? And, to make matters worse, THE YELLOW JACKETS ARE BACK!!! What the heck? And, we're playing the 4th best football team in the whole area tonight. Joy.

So, yes, I'm exhausted...but, not too exhausted to share a recipe! I think I mentioned that while I was at my cousin's house, we made homemade pesto sauce. It was SO YUMMY!! I absolutely love it and highly recommend you try it. Happy Weekend!!

Homemade Pesto

Ingredients:
4 C fresh basil leaves, stems removed and washed
3 garlic cloves, halved
3 T pine nuts
1/4 - 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
1/3 C Parmesan cheese, shredded
1/3 C Romano cheese, shredded
1/8 tsp salt

Directions
1. Place a few basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts and a little oil in blender or food processor. Cover and puree until leaves begin to look crushed.
2. Continue adding basil leaves a few at a time with small amounts of oil to food processor, using a rubber spatula to help combine pureed mixture.
3. Add Parmesan and Romano cheese and salt. cover and process until pesto mixture is smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment