Tuesday, October 30, 2012

No West for the Reary


I'd like to start today's post by sayihg to all those affected by Superstorm Sandy, I am praying for you all and hope to see things restored quickly. Although I have never been through a superstorm, I have been through 2 large hurricanes, so I have some idea of what you're going through. God is with you.

Now, the above picture is not of me. I don't think it is, anyway, but it might as well be. Here's the thing: I'm still exhausted and I don't really know what to do about it.

Do you ever go through periods of your life where you just can't keep up? Please tell me you do, I'd hate to think I'm out here by myself. I honestly feel like I'm wandering through some maze and only turn down the next row when I bump into the wall.

I'm serious, I'm just wandering through life right now, running to whichever fire seems like it might be the one to burn the house down. A few weeks ago I really had a good routine going, really felt like I was getting things done most every day. Now, not so much. AND, my stupid foot is still hurting.

I think it all started with the fact that I took 2 really quick trips, hours away from home. You know how trips are; when you get home, you have to catch up. The trouble is, I have so much going on NOW, I don't have time to try to catch up on the things I missed. Plus, you're tired from all the driving. So, I usually just end up lying on the couch in the fetal position singing Kum Ba Yah. And....that doesn't help much. AND, my stupid foot is still hurting.

What to do, what to do? And, what's worse...THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING!! Now, here's the thing, I LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!! They are my absolute favorite time of the year. But, if I don't get a handle on things and get some real rest, by the time the fat man shoves himself down my chimney, I will be tucked away in some quiet little nut house. Hopefully a clean one with Direct TV. And WiFi. And a really good cook. Where do I sign up?

Another depressing thing is that it's been cold here the past 2 nights (YAY!), but it's supposed to warm up some tomorrow (BOO!), and we haven't been home in the evenings to make a fire (DANG.) Talk about kicking a girl when she's down. AND, my stupid foot is still hurting.

Things aren't going to get much better this week, I can tell you that. I have my first PAYING writing assignment due on Monday and that's going to take precedence over EVERYTHING else this week. Except tomorrow, when I head down to church to help get ready for our first outreach, a Family Fall Festival (hereafter known as FFF...I'm in a hurry, OK?) AND, my stupid foot is still hurting.

My take: Maybe I can stay in pajamas on Saturday if I get all my writing done. That's definitely motivation for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment