Friday, November 2, 2012

Fun Friday: Last Home Game of the Season Edition


Well, I still can't get the Snake Pit video to load. Dang. Murphy's Law and all that.

Oh, well, sorry. You can go to YouTube and search "Snake Pit" and you should be able to find it.

So. Tonight is the last home football game of the season. Can I get a HALLELUJAH!! No offense, but really? I'm going to see better football tomorrow night when I go see my friend's 10-year-old son's play-off game. And, I'm not kidding.

The season has just been brutal. However, it is ending, and for that I'm thankful. But, not before we are SLAUGHTERED by the 1st place team in the district. Can't I just walk barefooted over hot coals or something?

I did want to give a shout-out to one of my son's friends, Kaleb, a sophomore, who just got moved up to the varsity team for his high school. Their record isn't much better than ours and Kaleb is a great player and will help them tremendously. Go, Kaleb!

So, lots to do today, but not so much that I can't share a recipe with you. I made this recipe Tuesday night and it's so yummy! It has shrimp in it, so if you're allergic to shrimp or shellfish, this one won't be for you...and, frankly, how have you survived...but anyway, here it is! Have a great Friday - think of me in the pit of my despair tonight. It's OK, it's a shallow pit.

Shrimp Casserole

Ingredients:

1/2 C butter
1.5 C chopped onion
2 ribs celery, chopped
1 bell pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1.5 lbs. uncooked shrimp
1/4 C parsley
1/4 C pimentos
1 can, cream of mushroom soup
3 C cooked rice

Directions:

1. Saute onions, bell pepper, celery and garlic in butter over medium heat for 15 minutes.
2. Add shrimp, parsley, pimento and soup. Cook for 5minutes.
3. Add cooked rice and mix thoroughly.
4. Place in a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, covered.



No comments:

Post a Comment