Tuesday, November 6, 2012

And Then There Were Three


OK, real quick: it's Election Day. If you haven't voted, uh, not sure why you wouldn't have already voted, but, hey, vote today. I'm serious, finish your coffee and go vote.

Thank you for that word from our sponsor, now on to our regularly scheduled post.

I have 3, count them, 3 passages left to write. 3. And, all 20 of them are due today. But, I do have 3 left to write. 3. left. to. write.

Here's the thing about writing: sometimes it's this organic thing that just pours out, you know? It's so awesome. There are times when I think, hey, I can really do this.

Then, there are other days. And, today comes to mind when thinking about these other days, when my brain actually aches from trying so hard to think of something to say. About anything. Even now, I'm thinking. And,...nothin'.

Now, before you give me that motherly look and tell me that it's OK, I can just quit my career in writing, I have so many other talents, like running the computer at church on Sundays, I am not quitting! I'm just....so tired of writing. And since I have 3 passages left to write, I'm stressed. Because I'm so tired. Because I'm so stressed. Somebody help. Thus, the above picture.

Here's the thing: it's hard to come up with 20 passages in 21 days, do you hear me? It's brutal, man. 10 of the passages had to be non-fiction, which was actually much easier than the fiction ones have been. I mean, it takes a long time for an author to come up with 1 really good, creative story. Try 10.

I have sat at the computer most of the last week and a half. When I stand up now, I feel dizzy. My neck has what I am sure is going to be a PERMANENT crick in it from hunching over. Get the picture? I'm tired people, OK!

My take: I'd love to sit here and continue to chat, but I HAVE 3 PASSAGES LEFT TO WRITE!

No comments:

Post a Comment