Friday, November 16, 2012

Fun Friday: Concerts, Movies, Pictures and Thanksgiving Edition

Well, this post may be late, but, as you can see, there's a lot going on in my life right now.

First of all, I made the symphony chorus, YAY!! It's been a long time since I've been a part of a classical music group, and, since I spent four years of my young adult life engrossed in it, I kinda miss it. So, I'm excited. Plus, we're going to perform one of my all-time favorite classical works, Carmina Burana, by Carol Orff. Yeah, it's awesome...

Secondly, here are the promised pictures.

I'll start with the painting that I told you all I had to paint. It's OK for a strictly no-talent individual like myself.


Next, we have some pictures of the hotel and its surroundings.

First, there's the Main Broadmoor hotel building. Beautiful, is it not?


Next, we have The Broadmoor West, where we stayed. Lovely, yes?


Then, I'll share just some outdoors pictures of the lake between the buildings, the mountains, etc. Just breathtaking...



And, last but definitely not least, here's the wonderful spa. Heaven!


And, there are my promised pictures! I hope they were worth the wait, I'm no photographer...

So, for Fun Friday, I'm SO EXCITED!!! I'm going to see Breaking Dawn, Part 2, with my former teaching partner/good friend!!! Yes, I'm a Twilight fan, it's just the romantic in me, I guess, seeing as how I'm not a fan of blood. But, Erin and I read the books tegether and have seen the movies together, so tonight is something I've really been looking forward to: a girly movie with a great friend. You can't go wrong!!

Finally, for this week's recipe, I've chosen a famiy Thanksgiving favorite: Cranberry Jello Salad. This was my grandma's recipe. Some of you may already have a similar recipe, but everybody loves this dish, even your picky kids, so if you need a good Thanksgiving recipe, try this one out. Have a great weekend, see you on Monday!

Cranberry Jello Salad

Ingredients:
1 lg. package red jello
1 can whole cranberry sauce
1 sm can crushed pineapple, drained
2 medium bananas, mashed
2 C chopped nuts, optional
8 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
milk

Directions:
1. Mix jello with only 2 C boiling water. Stir well til dissolved, then refrigerate for 10 minutes. Save 1 Tbsp liquid in container
2. Add cranberry sauce, mix well, then refrigerate for 15 minutes.
3. Mix pineapple, bananas and nuts together and add to chilled jello mixture, then pour in glass casserole dish. Refrigerate until set.
4. Add the leftover tablespoon of liquid to cream cheese, then add just a little milk to make mixture spreadable
5. Spread over top of salad. Cover with plastic wrap and keep in refrigerator until ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment