Monday, November 12, 2012

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Coming to you LIVE from the distinguished Broadmoor Hotel in beautiful Colorado Springs, Colorado. And, people, it's cold.

No, seriously, the high yesterday was somewhere around 25 - Fahrenheit, not Celsius. When we walked back to our room last night, the Broadmoor grounds are quite extensive, different buildings for different events, my face was actually hurting from the wind. Now, that's cold.

Anyway, we are having a great time so far. This is the company's 20th anniversary, so the theme is "The Great Gatsby" and "The Roaring 20's." After our speaker, which was a retired military man turned VERY motivational speaker, we went to dinner where all the ladies were given feather boas, longs strands of pearls, and headbands with flowers standing up on them, while the men were given gangster hats. Robert looked so cute as a gangster...heh, heh...yeah...

In just a few minutes I'll be leaving with "the spouses" - this company always plans things for the spouses to do while the financial advisors are in their meetings during the day. Most of the ones I've been on are super fun. Today, will be a challenge, however. Today, they are going to want to teach me how to paint a picture.

Something you may not know about me yet, is that I have NO artistic ability. None. Na da. Zip. When I signed up to go on this little excursion, I missed the part about the painting. The only part I saw was the part about shopping, lunch and cocktails, and I thought that was right up my alley. So, last night I notice the painting part. And, I'm immediately distressed.

My husband says, "Babe, you'll be fine. It's just for fun." Uh-huh. Dude, it's never just for fun. I love women, I really do, but you and I both know how women are: everything is a competition. I'm just praying I can sit in the back.

My take: At the least the shopping and lunch are first, which should give me some momentum. And the cocktails should help

No comments:

Post a Comment