Friday, November 9, 2012

Fun Friday: Cultural Edition


Well, I'm sure you're all wondering about my doctor's appointment yesterday. And, I'm going to tell you about it. But not today. Because I might burst into tears if I try to tell you about it today. People, it was traumatic...

On a happier note, guess what WE'RE doing for Fun Friday this week??? If you're struggling, check out the above picture. Yep, that's right! We're going to Houston tonight to see Les Miserables!!! Robert surprised us, well, it's really all for Riley, who's never seen it, and got us tickets. Riley and I are both drooling, we're so excited! I've seen it twice before, but it is my all-time favorite musical...and, that is a long, distinguished list, by the way, because I love musicals!! Another favorite is The Sound of Music. But, I regress...

So, we're leaving early enough, all dressed up in our best duds, to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant, Pappasito's, then head to Hobby Center for the performance. Yay!!!

My take: a little culture in cow-town is a good thing! I spent 4 years of my life in the music department at Lamar University surrounded by fantastic musicians, going to and performing in concerts and the truth is, I really miss it. So much, in fact, that I'm trying out for Sympony of Southeast Texas Chorus next week...hope I make it...

Anyway, I hope you have a great weekend. I am leaving Sunday for beautiful and COLD (yay!) Colorado Springs, Colorado with Robert for a conference, but I'm going to take my iPAD and will hopefully be able to post. Meanwhile, check out this week's recipe. It's one of my favorite desserts because it's SUPER easy and EVERYONE raves about it. It's called Dump Cake because you just dump all the ingredients in and bake. Enjoy!

Dump Cake

Ingredients:
1 can pineapple chunks
1 can cherry pie filling
yellow or white cake mix (I prefer yellow)
1 stick butter
chopped pecans, optional

Directions:
1. Dump pineapple chunks, WITH JUICE, into 9x12 baking dish, spreading over entire bottom of dish
2. Dump cherry pie filling on top of pineapple chunks
3. Dump cake mix over fruit, covering
4. Cut butter into small pats and spread over cake mix
5. Sprinkle pecan pieces, if desired
6. Bake at 350 degrees for abou 45 minutes or until browned on top and bubbly

No comments:

Post a Comment