Thursday, September 27, 2012

Random Stuff


It's Thursday, the last quiet time I'll have for a while.

My 2 other grandkids are coming in tonight...with their mom, they don't drive or anything. I'm so excited! They live near Fort Worth, so we don't get to see them as often as we'd like to. So, in light of this fact, we are also having our other granddaughter, who happens to share the exact same birthday as my granddaughter who lives near Fort Worth, over as well. You know, cousin time.

Now, of course, when I say "we're" having them over, I hope everyone understands that it's pretty much ME having them over. Enough said there.

Anyway, tomorrow I'M having "Camp Rah-Rah." Rah-Rah is my grandmother name, in case you're wondering, and no, it has nothing to do with cheerleading, as I was never a cheerleader.

Where did you get Rah-Rah, you may ask? Well, my best friend's daughter has called me Rah-Rah since she was able to talk. When I married Hubby, who already had one grandchild, I needed a name and decided I liked Rah-Rah. It's different and somehow it works. The funny thing is my friend's daughter is now 7 and I picked her up from school the other day and so her mom called to tell the school and her that Sherra Edgar was picking her up. The school called back in a few minutes saying that J didn't know anyone named "Sherra Edgar." Her mom replied, "OK, tell her Rah-Rah is picking her up." Funny, huh?

So, tune in tomorrow and I'll tell you all about what's planned for Camp Rah-Rah...mainly, because I haven't figured that out yet.

I thought it'd be good to give you an update on my working out process. I'm doing pretty well so far. I'm up to about 2.5 miles on the treadmill, running about 2/3 of the time. When I first start out, it's still really hard, I'm just not a natural runner, but I do feel like I'm making progress. I'm also following a weight routine that's supposed to be good for my body type. Yay, me, yes?

Funny thing happened yesterday at the gym. I was running and it seems that I have like 0 pairs of running shorts with pockets. So I put my iPhone on the little shelf that's made for it or for a water bottle. So, I'm running and I have no idea what I did, typical for me, but all of the sudden my phone goes flying off the shelf, onto the treadmill, then off the back onto the floor. And, I'm running, remember? So, there were a couple of minutes of trying to decide what to do. I mean, how long could I actually run with no music? 1 minute? 2 minutes? Finally, this girl got off the elyptical and she picked it up for me. Thank God, you know? Anyway, I feel pretty good about my progress. Still thinking I need to be professionally fitted for shoes, though. Or maybe I just need to eat less...

A really crazy thing I wanted to tell you about is the Kroger birds. I love Kroger, it's definitely my grocery store of choice. Unfortunately, we don't have a Kroger where I live, but there's one about 20 minutes away. When I can plan it, I try to go there. I just feel like the quality is good, and their bonus buys and brands help you save money...and this makes Hubby happy...

Anyway, last fall one evening I went to Kroger. I pulled into a parking spot and see all these people either walking to or from their cars DUCKING. I thought, what in the world? I'd had my radio on and when I turned it off, I figured out why they were ducking: BIRDS. Birds everywhere, man! There must have been 500, no kidding! They were all in the few tress that were in those little grassy areas of the parking lot, all over the parking lot, on top of people's cars, on the roof of Kroger, EVERYWHERE!!! Plus, they were all chirping or whatever you'd call it and it was deafening. OK, maybe not deafening, but really loud. And, guess what? They're coming back!!

Yep, I was at Kroger last night and they were all coming in. There were probably 100 there already. Now, my question is: WHY??? What the heck, Birds? Can't you see we're trying to shop here and you guys are freaking everybody out. I told my mom about it, who hates birds because of an unfortunate incident from her childhood, and her eyes got all big and she was like, "I'm not going there!"

I understand, Mom, it's creepy.

And with that, I'll close for today.

My Take: gotta plan Camp Rah-Rah! See you tomorrow for Fun Friday: Camp Rah-Rah Edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment