Friday, September 14, 2012

Fun Friday Edition: Spaghetti and Surprises


One little guess as to what I'm doing tonight. Anyone? Yeah, go, Raiders, blah, blah, blah...go, Mighty Raider Band!!

So, for the rest of my weekend, Hubby has some sort of surprise for me. That's one of the things I love the most about him: he's a romantic. He really knows how to woo his lady. He sends me little notes or cards, gives me little inexpensive gifts when one of us is gone, and takes me on surprise trips. It's really nice, I love it.

So, tomorrow morning, we're getting up and going somewhere. I really don't know where, but their must be some sort of performance involved, because I've been instructed to bring "Business Casual" attire...and my swimsuit.

The swimsuit I get, but I've never understood "Business Casual" attire. I mean, isn't that an oxymoron? How can clothing be both Business and Casual, I ask you? Anyway, that's Hubby's favorite, and possibly ONLY, clothing description. When forced, as this weekend, I spend lots of time standing in my closet trying, for the life of me, to figure out if I own anything that could be placed in the "Business Casual" clothing category...IF this category even exists...and, I have my doubts...

So, before I move on to the recipe, I thought I'd talk about surprises. People say, "Everyone loves a surprise!" Well, not me, so much.

This idea brings me back to my childhood when my brother and I decided we just couldn't wait until Christmas morning to unwrap all the gifts with our names on them, so we got up in the middle of the night, unwrapped all the gifts, then "rewrapped" them, convinced no one would notice. Uh, we were wrong. And, our mom was not impressed and never wrapped another gift for either one of us before Christmas Eve until we were in our mid-30's. So, not the biggest fan of suprirses, I guess. But, Hubby's kind of surprises are different and I appreciate the effort he goes to to make them happen, so I don't mind them at all. I like them, yes I do!!

Here's the question: when was the last time you surprised someone you love? It doesn't have to be your spouse. It could be your child, a parent, a friend, anyone will do. AND, it doesn't have to be a trip, either. Just a note, a pack of gum (one of Hubby's faves because he knows I love gum,) really anything to say, "I was thinking about you today." I think you might be surprised at how well it's received.

So, give it a shot, because here's my take: Life is short. Too often we let life get in the way of doing those little things that mean so much to the ones we love, you know? What do you think?

Finally, here's this week's recipe. Now, you may have your own Chicken Spaghetti recipe, but, I beg you, TRY MINE!!!! It's SO GOOD!! See you Monday, have a great weekend!

Chicken Spaghetti
Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts, cooked and cubed (Note: I actually boil mine while they're still frozen. It only takes about 20 minutes and saves time)
1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
1 can Rotel tomatoes
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/4-1/2 C black olives
Parmesan cheese
spaghetti, cooked

Directions:
1. Cook and cube chicken
2. Boil spaghetti and drain
3. Start with Rotel, cream of mushroom soup and olives, cooking in a big saucepan over low heat; cook until well blended and bubbly, then add cooked chicken
4. Slowly add the cheese, stirring constantly, over low heat, until "sauce" is well blended
5. Combine sauce with spaghetti, then pour into 9x13 Pyrex baking dish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cook 15 minutes or so, just to melt cheese a little.



No comments:

Post a Comment