Thursday, December 6, 2012

Home Alone 2: Electrical Edition


OK. This is how lovely my outside decor looked from the street. Key word there is LOOKED. This morning, for some unknown reason, all the lights in the bushes are out. Yep, every last one.

Here's a quick news flash: the reason this post is called "Home Alone 2" is because I am indeed home alone. Again. I mean, I'm always home alone during the day, unless you count Cassie, and I TOTALLY do. What I really mean, since I'm sure you're confused, I know I am and I'm writing this post, is that Robert is out of town again for work. There it is.

So, seeing that my lights were out I did what any smart woman would do in my shoes with no husband around: 1. I wiggled the cords. 2. I unplugged, then replugged. Yeah. Nothing.

Now, I'm not sure what to do. I unplugged them all, as I do every morning, and am hoping that when I go to plug them all in, BAM! there they will be. I may actually go pray over them in a minute...

One option would be to go into town to Hobby Lobby and return some tree lights that I don't need and get new outside lights, since these outside lights just might be as old as Riley. Yeah, I can feel the hives coming up on my body at just the thought of going to Hobby Lobby. I'm sure standing in line for hours wouldn't be great for my foot..which is still hurting, by the way...I haven't mentioned it lately, because when I think about it, I usually burst into tears...and that makes my family kinda nervous.

My take: I don't know what I'll do about the lights. I think, for now, I'll just hope for a Christmas miracle...then possibly brave the aisles at Hobby Lobby. Tune in tomorrow for another Christmas recipe and pictures - with my new camera - from Riley's Christmas choir concert. And hopefully lights in my bushes that actually light up and all. That'd be good...



No comments:

Post a Comment